Every other day, hundreds and thousands of people get stuck in emergencies without food, water, or first aid supplies. That is how people die in disasters when they do not have any emergency kit with them. It is hard even to imagine being in this scenario, and to see them every day in the news is above that. So, to avoid these kinds of everyday accidents/incidents and to escape through them wisely, you should have an emergency kit ready with you.
This article will give you a few tips so that you may have the right tools and supplies with you, and you can make it out alive in any case of emergency or disaster.
Important questions to keep in mind
If you do not want to experience the difficulty of assembling your emergency kit, you don’t have to. You can look it on the internet and order an emergency kit for you and your family online. But before you order, there are a few things that you should ask yourself.
- For what purpose am I buying this emergency kit?
First, you have to decide if you’re looking for an at-home-emergency kit or want an emergency pack that you will use only in case of emergencies.
- How many people will it serve?
While looking for an emergency kit, it is vital to know how many people a single kit could provide. If you are only looking for a person or a smaller family, then you need to buy a piece of smaller equipment. While at the same time, if you are packing for a big family, including the pets and the children, you will have to order a more extensive kit or multiple kits to cater to everyone’s survival needs.
- How long will it last?
There is a specific limit to an emergency kit according to its size. If it is a smaller kit, it may be sufficient for 48 hours maximum. At the same time, a giant emergency kit can last up to 72 hours. You can order according to your needs.
- Does it possess all the items necessary for survival?
To answer this question, you first need to know about the essential things for survival. So, the following is the list of such things that should exist in every emergency kit to increase your chances of survival:
- Hand-cranked solar power radio for communication and charging.
- Flashlight to navigate your way in the black or to take a look at your camp.
- Weather resistance emergency thermal blankets to keep you warm and dry in case of extreme weather conditions.
- A first-aid medical kit should be compact and should be carrying all the necessary items like; bandages, rubbing alcohol pads, ointments, sterilization wipes, gloves, and essential medical tools.
- A portable water filter such as a life straw (if you run out of water) filters the water up to 99.99%. It removes all bacteria, parasites, and microplastics too.
- A multi-tool army knife can serve as many as 33 different purposes and could easily fit in your kit because of its compact shape.
- Firestarter should be included as it could help keep you warm. It could also help cook food hence giving you the energy you require to stay alive.
- Food and water
- Does the kit have some handy features?
When buying the emergency kit online, make sure that it is comfortable to carry around. Look for equipment with strap belts and locks, which could ensure it is an excellent portable bag. Moreover, some packs have a bracelet that could tell us the kit’s location if it is misplaced.
You will find many emergency kits online made by different companies, but you have to make sure that you make the right decision because your lives mainly depend on it in an emergency. So, keep all the essential factors in mind and choose wisely. And don’t forget to maintain it timely.
The post Find Emergency Kits Online appeared first on brazzil.